Growing up, one of the best childhood memories that people had was going to Disneyland with their family! It is not a little known fact that it is known as the “Happiest Place on Earth!” I happen to have the best boyfriend ever and he surprised me with a Disney Annual Passport this year for my birthday present! **Screams internally** Considering my OBSESSION with all things Disney, I am most likely going (and FULLY intend to) give this theme park a run for their money. But MAN, every year the prices go up & Up & UP! Even with a passport, there are quite a few things that rack up the dolla’ dolla bills. But do not fret, my lovelies, for this is not my first rodeo. Going to Disney doesn’t have to cost you a fortune. Here are my essentials to bring to the park & a few tips to help you get the most BANG for your BUCK!
Tips & Tricks & F.Y.I’s
- My first essential for any Disney trip seems so simple but many people don’t do it! This is to stock up on stuff you might need before you head to the park. Hand Sanitizer, Wipes, Water Bottles, sandwich bags for phone water-protection. Anything that you can grab at a local dollar store or Walmart to save from Disney’s overpriced shops. If you are traveling with Kids, DON’T BUY THEIR TOYS AT THE PARK OH MY GOODNESS DON’T DO IT. The prices are crazy. Keep an eye out for deals leading up to the trip and save your wallet in the long run.
- Keep in mind that weather comes into factor at Disneyland too! Lol. Use your phone’s weather app to see what the forecast is. If it is going to rain, you can actually purchase Rain Ponchos at Dollar Store (Honestly, you look like you are wearing a Hefty Trash Bag but they work.) OR they have some decent ones on Amazon as well. Otherwise, you may get stuck buying an overpriced one at the Park. Same with sunscreen! If it is a hot day, don’t forget to protect your skin! This will save you $$$ in the end.
- Don’t buy bottled water. You can actually go into any sit down style restaurant that has a soft-drink machine and grab yourself a cup of ice water. For sheezy, fo’ free-sy. That way you can stay hydrated and save yourself a pretty penny. Hey, even reward yourself with a churro for being so healthy and hydrated. I like to take my Hydro-Flask bottle. Once I grab the free water- I can pour it into my flask and throw it in my backpack. No spills and I don’t have to drink it all at once. Plus, it will stay nice and chilly.
Also, Two of My Favorite “For Your Information’s” Ever:
- YOU CAN BRING IN YOUR OWN FOOD. As a total foodie, let me tell you how beneficial this is. I am a snacker. I can munch and munch and munch. This helps you because you can bring in your own meals. That would add up quick, especially for a larger family. Save bucks on a expensive slice of pizza at Pizza Port and bring in some of your own homemade deliciousness. Not to mention, this is a much healthier alternative. You can bring in your own fruit, nuts, sandwiches. My go to is goldfish. I love to pop ’em in my mouth as I wait in line. Save the big bucks on the actual food to fill you up and splurge on your favorite Disney treat (whether it be the Mickey Pretzel, Churros, or my personal favorite, Beignets!! YUM).
- Speaking of lines, the crazy wait times doesn’t mean that you have to be bummed out. I love to download games on my phone to play with my friends during longer lines. Family Feud, Heads Up, or even iPhone 8-Ball. These are super fun, competitive and even an icebreaker to meet your line buddies.
If you’re going to grasp anything, grasp this:
- Download the Disneyland APP. Oh my goodness, this is such a game changer. You can do so much at the tip of your fingers. This app not only will give you closing times for the park or allow you to hook up your photo card. It does MUCH more. It will give you wait times for all of the rides in the park (which helps you get so much more out of your day). You can see what rides have huge lines and which ones you can hit multiple times. It also will show you characters that are out and about & where you can meet them. This way if you want some photo-ops, it won’t be with whoever you see out on Main Street. You can go in with a plan and fill up your Autograph book. The APP shows all of the Entertainment shows that you can see, along with what the show-times are. Never again will you not know where the restrooms are, because it will show you where they are and how to get there. Another cool thing is that you can make a dinner reservation right from your phone. The possibilities are awesome. I’ve used it the last 3 times that I have gone to Disneyland and boy, did it change the game.
Anyhow, I hope that this is helpful in some way to you! I want to know, what are your Disney essentials or hacks? Also, what is your favorite ride or attraction there?
Until next time, I am signing off with a Graceful Soul & Grateful Heart.
xo, Leah Grace