Hello Graceful Friends!
Today I feel so blessed and fortunate. Firstly, if you are new to my blog, welcome. I am glad that you found me and I hope you stick around. (For more insight/intro to who I am, check out my first post Hello Graceful Darlings.) Secondly, I want to say that it is crazy how God will work in your life. Nothing with Him is a coincidence. Saying that, let me tell you that when I started this blog at the beginning of this month, I had absolutely no idea what it would become. Within the first few days of starting I was fortunate enough to meet Kristen (from http://www.KristenShane.com , if you don’t already GO FOLLOW HER you won’t regret it.) She is such a positive person and is so welcoming. Meeting her was one of the best things to happen to my blog and she introduced me to a whole bunch of other people out there! That was no coincidence, I assure you. Interaction and communication is key to the blogging community and that is why friendly welcoming people like Kristen are so important. Another important key? Blogger Awards!
I was nominated for the Liebster Blogger Award by Kristen! She mentioned in her post the importance of supporting one other amongst this community. So I am here to 1. Share some more stuff about me! and 2. Recognize some other bloggers that I have met and think are worthy of some praise. Not to mention that some of these girls are the sweetest people you will ever meet! Friendship and community are so vital when it comes to blogging!
Rules of the Liebster Award
- Accept/decline the nomination: nomination doesn’t mean you have to create your own post, but accepting keeps the award spreading!
- Write 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions at the end of your nominator’s post
- Leave 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award!
My 11 Facts:
- I am twenty years old (21 this September woop woop!)
- Young, but I strangely love target as though I were a suburban mother of 4.
- Mugs are my thing, when I get married I want to dedicate a whole cabinet/shelf to placing all of my cutesy/travel/character mugs.
- I am OBSESSED with Bath and Body Works everything. Hand soap, lotions, wall plugs, and hand sanitizers. I have a box full of candles in my closet right now. I have a problem.
- I have a pet peeve when people throw garbage on the floor. Please don’t do that. Love this planet while we are here.
- I have been dating my boyfriend Jesse for 4 years more-or-less and we are counseling with our pastors to get married soon/ish. EEK! *Happy Screams*
- I love writing, public speaking, and mentoring yet my major in college is Biology and Mathematical Studies…I know, right?
- I love Jesus. This should be number one, but these are not in order. He is my life and even though I may mess up, my ultimate goal is to mirror Him in my life.
- I have been going to my home church in Los Angeles for 10 years this December. It’s going to be mine and Jesus’ anniversary for our relationship on December 16.
- I am a PK (Pastor’s Kid.) It has its ups and downs. I know that some people are not fortunate enough to have a spiritual upbringing/parental support so I am blessed in that aspect. But in others, people are always watching me (and trust me, people always have their two ‘sense to throw in.)
- I’ve never traveled anywhere other than Los Angeles and Las Vegas (lived in both.) So this year I vowed to travel more. I have a trip to New York booked already for later this year and then 2018 I am going to MEXICO! Woohoo!
Kristen’s 11 Questions:
- When/why did you start blogging? I started blogging at the beginning of May. First, because I had wanted to for a long time & finally just jumped in and did it! PS. SO GLAD THAT I DID. Secondly, because I love people and I love Jesus. So I am combining the two to meet people who are like me and love him or need him (or if you are like me, both lol).
- Why have you continued blogging? (How have your reasons changed?) I have continued because I am fortunate enough to have people willing to read. I am so blessed with the support that I have received & the people I have met.
- Who’s your best friend? How long have you known them? What quality do you like the most about them? I have THREE! First, my little sister who is my bestie who is stuck with me 🙂 She’s my step-sister so I actually met her in 2005. I love her loyalty. We fight, as most siblings do, but in the end she has my back. Second, Andrea. She is my twin in a sense that we are literally the same person in different bodies. Her and I relate so much and I’m blessed to have her in my life. We met in HS but didn’t hang out ever until our freshman year of college when we ran into each other at the gym. Finally, Shayla. My Blondie with whom I have been through a lot. ALOT. But I love her, I always will. She just gets me. We’ve been friends 10 years and I project many more. LOL.
- What is one destination that’s on your bucket list? I am going to cheat and say three: Rome, Italy. Turks & Caicos. Barcelona, Spain.
- Are you a dog person or cat person? Dogs have a special place in my heart, but I would not mind a cat who needs a loving home.
- What is your favorite store/clothing brand? Old Navy (plug plug plug lol).
- What’s one thing you’re going to accomplish this year? (In 2017 or the next 365 days) A goal I have is to grow this blog and reach more people. Along with traveling more.
- Would you ever go skydiving or swimming with sharks? Yes! I’d LOVE to, but I would swim with sharks sooner! Maybe on a Hawaii trip? IDK!
- What’s your ultimate vacation? Ok, Let me paint a picture for you. Scenario One, I am with all of my girl-friends traveling and taking cute aesthetic pictures together and living life to the fullest while we are young! We parasail, eat lots of fruit, and swim with dolphins. Scenario 2: I’m married on my honeymoon. I travel to a romantic city like Barcelona or Roma and listen to music, drink wine, and eat delicious foods and pastries with my soul mate.
- Favorite dessert? Can’t go wrong with Ice Cream 🙂
- Who’s someone you look up to? (Could be a blogger, celebrity, family member, friend, etc.) In the least corny way, Jesus. Truly, deeply, completely. I want to to be shaped by Him. Reflect Him. Represent Him. and Share His love with the world and people who desperately need love.
My 11 Questions!!!
- When/Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite bible verse/inspirational quote? Why?
- If you could go to see anyone in concert (dead or alive), who would it be? Why them?
- How do you feel about tattoos? Do you have any? What’s the story behind them?
- It’s midnight, your fridge is stocked with your favorites, what is the snack that you grab to munch on?
- Favorite Drink (Coffee, Tea, Soda, Infused Water, Anything)?
- Who was the first person you told about your blog? Describe how that conversation went.
- What is your advice to future bloggers who are on the fence about starting?
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever heard?
- If you could be ANY Disney character? Who would you be and Why?
- Someone blesses you with a million dollars. How do you spend it?
I nominate these 11 ladies (in no particular order, chosen randomly from some of my favorites):
- Olivia from http://www.missoliviasays.com
- Lily from http://www.brokencagesblog.wordpress.com
- Sydney from http://www.smarie.org
- Delaney from http://www.laughswithoutfear.com
- Ally from http://www.teaspoonofsprinkles.wordpress.com
- Erin from http://www.livelifeinspired.wordpress.com
- Alyssa from http://www.livinginfullbloom.com
- Laura from http://www.happilymidwest.com
- Anna Leigh from http://www.adelightedmind.weebly.com
- Rachel from http://www.rachelsrambles.com
- Adrienne from http://www.a-dash-of-class.blogspot.com
**Some of these wonderful woman I found through Instagram so I encourage you to find them on there as well! This is a very motivating and friendly group of people! **
I will be notifying all my nominees, and I hope they will decide to participate and help build the blogging community in a positive way!
Until next time, I am signing off with a Graceful Soul and a Grateful Heart.
xo, Leah Grace