“Patience is a Virtue, Kid”

Hello Hello Hello!
So I felt the need to write this post because last night/yesterday was one of those days. Who knows what I am talking about without much further detail? You know, one of THOSE days. A day where you can’t seem to catch a break. Where Murphy’s Law really comes into play. If you are not familiar with this theorum then let me spell it out for you simply: anything that can go wrong, does. Well yesterday it seemed like that for me. Now this is my little disclaimer before I get further into this post: I know it is going to seem like a lot of complaining or like “first-world problems.” I am 100% clear that others have it worse out there, but I am just telling you this so you can see my end result from last night. So bear with me, please.

2n5YPQFSo first things first, I caught a cold during one of the worst times to catch a cold. Who the heck gets  a cold in summer? I prayed that I wouldn’t get sick and spoke over myself that I was not going to get sick. Who knows words have power? Death and Life are in the power of the tongue so I was trying to speak so much life, but it happened. That’s ok though, I’m over it. So anyway, I have the pleasure of working as a youth leader at my church, but I also am on a rotation schedule in the nursery and I get to work with some of the cutest babies ever. But how many people would agree that if you are sick, you probably shouldn’t be around babies? So no cute babies for me this week. *sad face.* but I didn’t let that damper my mood, I sat in service and heard an amazing message from our guest speak Dr. Nolte. It was amazing.

Next,  I was tired, sick, and cold while I waited for my sisters to go home. Service ends at 8:30 pm and it is about to turn 10 o’ clock when my little sister tells me that I could go home because they were going out to eat with their friends. I felt so frustrated. Why didn’t they tell me that sooner? Don’t they know I want to go home and rest? How could they leave me sitting here in the cold while I have really bad cramps? I was upset and it was late so I went to get food and when I got home I see that they gave me the wrong order. I was livid. After everything that happened, this on top of all that. This is how I felt in that moment:

giphy

But I got in my car, turn on the radio (which I always have on a Christian radio station) as soon as I did, the song “Even If” by MercyMe came on. It says “Some times you win some, some times you lose some. and right now, right now I’m losing bad.” It just made me remember that even when I’m “losing” (for example when I am sick and tired and annoyed with my sisters), there also are times that I “win” (when we have great times and laugh, and I hear awesome preaching’s even though I can’t play with babies.) I felt so much better after that. I went, got my order corrected, wasn’t mad at the cashier because why ruin their day too? I was polite and they gave me a free ice cream and I went home and felt a million times better. I felt better because I stopped focusing on the bad and focused on God in my life.  Being patient is what He has called me to be, not a grump.

It may seem lame but really it is not. We choose our attitude. We choose whether we stay upset at our siblings or whether we sing worship songs and look on the bright side.  I remember from one of the Bruce Almighty movies, I’m not sure if it is Bruce or Evan Almighty, but in one of them Morgan Freeman said something that is so true that I think about it ALL THE TIME. When you pray for patience, does God give you patience or does he give you opportunities to be patient? Usually it is the latter.  I pray for patience all the time so I can expect some tests to come my way.  I need to keep my cool and be patient with people (even when my little sisters tell me things at the last possible second.) I also want you to remember, you control your attitude. Life is only 10% what happens to you, the other 90% is how you react to that.” 

Until next time, I am signing off with a Graceful Soul and a Grateful Heart.

xo, Leah Grace

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s